Strategy and institutional policy
- Ensures implementation and compliance to Terre des hommes Foundation Strategic Plan, Terre des hommes regional strategic plan and Terre des hommes thematic policies in the field;
- Together with the desk, elaborates, implements and reviews the country strategy for Terre des hommes in Myanmar.
Project cycle management
- Manages, supervises and coordinates all the activities related to the implementation of Terre des hommes’s projects in Myanmar according to the proposal guidelines and indicators, budget and work plans;
- In consultation with Terre des hommes’s Emergency desk, develops new projects in-line with Terre des hommes strategic plan and thematic policies;
- Develops annual and/or project work plans;
- Develops monitoring and evaluation systems for all project work;
- Together with the Senior Management Team and the project staff, reviews the progress of each project monthly;
- With the technical support of the Resource Persons (thematic), monitors the quality of the work carried out and suggests means of improvements;
- Assess the efficacy and effectiveness of the work carried out and identifies ways for further improvements.
- Provides the Desk with quality monthly activity reports and annual reports in line with project objectives and indicators;
- Provides the Desk and/or the donors with quality intermediate and final project reports as per contract.
- Is responsible for the overall financial management of the delegation;
- Ensures a tight follow up of all budgets including donors contracts and takes necessary actions in case of over/under expenditure;
- Works with the finance and admin coordinator on budgeting, accounting and auditing as required.
Human resources management
- Manages (supervision, support, training, etc.) Terre des hommes employees in Myanmar, expatriates as well as local staff;
- Periodically evaluates the staff under his/her responsability;
- Ensures HR rules are properly understood and put in place.
Representation and networking
- Represents the organisation in the country, particularly to the government, official agencies, other non-governmental agencies, partners and the community;
- Ensures that all formalities required by government and other official agencies are properly prepared and punctually presented;
- Actively participates in meetings and fora organised by the GO/NGO/UN sectors as relevant to Terre des hommes work in the country.
- Develop and maintain sound relations with potential donors (institutional, local, etc);
- Identifies new funding sources;
- Initiates and leads the development of new project proposals;
- Secures new contracts.
- Implements and updates Terre des hommes delegation’s rules and procedures;
- Ensure that contracts, rules and procedures meet all requirements of national law.
- In his/her professional activities, adhere to the values defined in the strategic plan: commitment, expertise, integrity and self-reliance;
- Work in different cultural backgrounds and in difficult situations, deal with confrontation due to differences (intercultural).
Abuse Prevention Policy - Child Protection Policy (CPP)
- Undertake to adhere to the Terre des hommes Child Protection Policy and the principles connected to children's rights;
- Undertake to ensure the best possible implementation of the Child Protection Policy (CPP) and operational risk management in his/her intervention zone and within project teams (in the case of an identified problem, contact the HQ to report it);
- Assist in the implementation of resources for promoting awareness and supervision necessary for his/her local colleagues to adhere to the Child Protection Policy (CPP) and operational risk management;
- Participate in monitoring protection cases, allegations or possible/potential violations of the Child Protection Policy under the supervision of the HQ;
- In conjunction with the Log Coordinator and the field coordinators, analyze the security situation in his/her area and inform the representative through periodic reports.
- Education University degree in relevant field
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English, French a plus
- Experiences and aptitudes - At least 5 years previous experience of seniority in an NGO at a management position in the field (expatriation) + at least one year as a country representative
- Successful track record of developing humanitarian strategies and securing high levels of funding from institutional donors (OFDA, BPRM, DFID, ECHO, UN, etc.)
- The position is based in Yangon with frequent travels
- Starting date (Non negociable) : 1st July 2017
- The candidate must have a valid driving licence