DAH - Irak - CDM
Base Administrator tal Afar - Iraq H/F
|Entrée en fonction
As soon as possible
|Famille de métier
||Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) < > 4'300 CHF (~3’700 €) net /month according to experience x 13, Holidays: 25 days per year. Local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 9 months.
||Tdh has been present in Iraq since 2014 with NFI distributions in Dohuk Governorate and in October 2015 launched unconditional cash assistance with the support of Swiss Solidarity. Since these first interventions, Tdh is now present in eleven districts (Anah, Al-Qa’im, Haditha, Tal Afar, West and East Shirqat, Tikrit, Baiji, Hawija, Kirkuk and Tooz) across four Governorates (Salah al-Din, Kirkuk, Nineveh and Al-Anbar) with operations in the two latter districts since 2017 as Tdh followed the frontlines to provide emergency assistance. Tdh was the first INGO to have field offices in Tikrit, Shirqat, Tal Afar and Anah.
Tdh’s strategy consists on providing emergency assistance in hard-to-reach and newly accessible areas with an integrated emergency response to conflict affected people while building the capacity of its current response in areas where services are being re-established.
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Base Administrator carries out administrative, accounting and financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and Tdh procedures.
He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management, and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers.
He/she is also one of those in charged with ensuring that Tdh’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base.
|Cahier des charges
Administrative management of personnel:
- Assists in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing.
- Supervises the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base.
- Supervises the archiving, handling and security of Tdh personnel files.
- Ensures that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel.
- Applies the formalities related to sanctions / disciplinary measures and termination or breach of contract.
- Assists in defining and applying Tdh’s salary and social policies.
- Evaluates risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies.
- Conducts meetings and communication with personnel at base level.
- Tracks the cost of living.
- Updates the mission organization chart for the base.
- Defines the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruits according to the allocated resources.
- Trains, supports and evaluates the administrative team at his/her assignment base.
- Plans and supervises the activities of the administrative team.
- Manages his/her base's cash-flow and ensures that banks and cash boxes are well supplied.
- Manages transfers and monitors the security of funds.
- Formulates cash-flow forecasts with the Logistics Officer and the Program Managers.
- Validates all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Tdh procedures.
- Supervises account keeping at his/her base, and monitors cash balances.
- Monitors bank books for his/her base and supervises the safe and cash boxes.
- Prepares and supervises the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base.
- Verifies the accounting files before they are sent to coordination office.
Budgetary / financial monitoring:
- Updates allocation boards for his/her base.
- Updates and analyses budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams.
- Makes connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress.
- Monitors functioning costs at his/her assignment base.
- Oversees adherence to donor administrative procedures.
- Support the Administrative Coordinator in formulating financial reports, budgets for new projects and carrying out audits .
Administrative management of the mission
- Verifies and validates all contracts drafted at the base.
- Assists in selecting Tdh premises.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitors regulations in force.
- Takes part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represents Tdh on request and/or by order.
- Supervises the sending of administrative files to the Coordination Office.
- Ensures administrative and financial reports are sent to the Coordination Office according to Tdh administrative calendar.
- Agrees to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and promotes Child Safeguarding policy.
- Reports serious cases of abuse on children that she/he would be aware of in Tdh’s intervention locations. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Adhere to and enforce current administrative regulations and procedures.
- Works in close collaboration with operational projects and departments.
- Professional diploma or university degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Audit
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Knowledge of SAGA and HOMERE softwares is appreciated
- Previous experience with an NGO is preferable
- Previous experience working in remote areas
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and well being of the staff, people used to a certain level of confort might not feel at ease in the field.
||Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
|Années d'expériences professionnelles requises
|| 2-5 ans
|Années d'expériences en ONG requises