|Cahier des charges
- Implements and supervises all logistics operations in his/her base
- Ensures efficient fleet management, as per the base needs and financial resources available
- Implements Tdh’s procurement procedures and ensures they are followed properly by the logistics team in his/her base
- Responsible for the regular inventory, quality and accurate stock management
- Ensures high quality assets and IT management, ensuring compliance with Tdh’s internal policies and donor’ rules and regulations
- Ensures logistics support for programs, safeguarding of Terre des hommes procedures, and promotes regular and efficient communication between program and logistics departments
Administrative management of personnel :
- Ensures staffing needs are met in accordance with the structure needs and available budget
- Supervises and participates in recruitment process when needed
- Verifies and validates all contracts drafted at the base
- Supervises the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base
- Supervises the archiving, handling and security of Tdh personnel files
- Ensures that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
- Applies the formalities related to sanctions / disciplinary measures and termination or breach of contract
- Assists in defining and applying Tdh’s salary and social policies
- Conducts meetings and communication with personnel at base level
- Defines the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruits according to the allocated resources
- Trains, supports and evaluates the administrative team at his/her assignment base
- Plans and supervises the activities of the administrative team
- Develops with Coordination office capacity-building plan and ensures each staff had received necessary training to performs their duties
- Supervises the technical Program Manager, Admin Manager, Logistician and any additional resources at field base.
- Receives updates and makes recommendations to the Country Representative concerning programme, security and administrative issues.
Programme Strategy and planning
- Coordinates programming aspects of the field operations in line with Tdh and donors’ standards.
- In collaboration with the Country Representative, designs strategies and objectives for improved support to beneficiaries.
- Ensures the representation towards stakeholders in the areas of intervention.
- Manages his/her base's cash-flow and ensures that banks and cash boxes are well supplied
- Manages transfers and monitors the security of funds
- Formulates cash-flow forecasts with the Logistics Officer and the Program Managers
- Validates all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Tdh procedures
- Supervises account keeping at his/her base, and monitors cash balances
- Monitors bank books for his/her base and supervises the safe and cash boxes
- Prepares and supervises the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base
Budgetary / financial monitoring:
- Updates allocation boards for his/her base
- Updates FMT (Financial Monitoring Tools) on monthly basis
- Updates and analyses budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Monitors functioning costs at his/her assignment base
- Oversees adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Support the Administrative Coordinator in formulating financial reports, budgets for new projects and carrying out audits
- Ensures to implement the security procedures and safety of Tdh’s employees in his/her base
- Liaises regularly with Liaison Officer and Country Rep. for the implementation of security procedures
- Ensures to report any incident to Country Rep. and to develop proper plan respond to the security context evolution
- Respects Tdh security procedures in Iraq
- Insures that Tdh national and international staff are aware of Tdh security procedures and follow them
- Receives primary indications for security matters from the Logistician and from a variety of other sources (Inter-agency coordination, INGOs, staff, beneficiaries) and share relevant information with the rest of the Iraq team.
- Leads the design and update of 1. Security plan documents, 2. Reporting of staff lists for UN evacuation plan, and 3. Existence and correct update of emergency kits.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local and regional administrative authorities,
- Takes part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represents Tdh on request and/or by order
- Supervises the sending of administrative files to the Coordination Office
- Ensures logistics, administrative/HR and financial reports are sent to the Coordination Office according to Tdh’s administrative calendar
- Ensures high and regular communication with the Coordination office to report any issues, delay, external events that would prevent the usual operation to happen/to be on track
- Produces a monthly report per format in Iraq and submit to the Country Representative (Director)
- Identifies geopolitical trends and indicators which may impact programme activities for Iraq
- Coordinates, prepares and elaborates relevant reports for submission to the Country Representative
- Ensures timely submission of monthly Situation Reports by programme managers
- Professional diploma or university degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Audit or any other relevant field
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in a similar position for an NGO
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Knowledge of SAGA and HOMERE software is appreciated
- Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- Knowledge of Iraqi context would be a distinct advantage
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
||Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 2 million children (3 million in 2016) and their families in over 35 countries. We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation (TDHIF), with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
In 2015, Tdh launched an integrated emergency WaSH, Child Protection and NFI response, following several waves of IDPs resulting from military operations to free Shirgat districts, as well as the South Mosul Corridor.
Tdh with its 300 staff employees is currently implementing a 12 Million CHF emergency and rehabilitation Program, throughout the country.
Operational field bases: Kirkuk, Tikrit, Shirqat, Tal Afar and Baghdad
Coordination bases: Erbil and Baghdad