DAH - Bangladesh - CDM
Child Protection Coordinator
|Entrée en fonction
|Famille de métier
|| Terrain - Protection
||Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations 3’400 CHF (~2’950 €) < > 4’750 CHF (~4’100 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 12 months
||Program Planning, implementation and development:
- Provide technical and management leadership to the Child Protection Program in accordance with best practice and Tdh’s policies.
- Ensure that all planned child protection activities are implemented on time, within the budget, according to quality standards and as per the monthly plan.
- Identifying needs and gaps in programming and proactively suggest new activities to enhance the protection activities
- Contribute to the development of country sector strategic direction and plans.
- Lead the development of new proposals in collaboration with the Project Managers, the Emergency Coordinator and the CPiE Expert at HQ;
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Supervise (in collaboration with the CPiE Expert) required evaluation of new situation or of the existing program to guarantee high quality intervention
- Supervise the CP teams and CP managers to conduct regular monitoring and evaluation activities, and on a regular basis liaise with partners to identify gaps and challenges as well as to ensure quality impact of the CP approach.
- Work closely with M&E officer to ensure data are collected to better report on activities and to ensure quality services for beneficiaries.
- Identify training needs and develop a capacity building strategy.
- Support PMs in identifying, designing, facilitating trainings, on CPiE, PSS, Case Management, Caring fo Child Survivors and other;
- Ensure continued coaching and mentoring to the CP Project Managers and other actors based on the project’s needs.
- Coordinate with other humanitarian partners and local authorities in the target areas, as relevant for the effective and efficient implementation of the CP projects.
- Attend sectors and working groups, sub-sectors and task forces.
- Ensure internal coordination at mission level with Tdh sectors of activity (WASH, health, nutrition) and represent CP as needed
- Advocacy and training (internal and external) on CPMS.
|Cahier des charges
The Child Protection Coordinator will be responsible for providing strategic direction and vision to the Tdh’s Child Protection programming in Cox Bazar (Bangladesh) and will be responsible for the overall quality implementation.
He/She will oversee the 3 expatriate Child Protection in Emergencies project Managers and provide guidance to the child protection staff to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met, that the projects is appropriately monitored and evaluated, and that project reports are written and submitted in a timely manner.
He/She will and ensure that child protection principles, CPMS and Tdh’s child protection in humanitarian crises policy are being incorporated into the emergency programs.
He/She will conduct his or her duties in respect of Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies.
Tdh expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
- Education: Master degree in social sciences, psychology and/or any other relevant field and five year relevant work experience in the non-profit sector.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of Child Protection, with a specific focus on Child Protection in Emergencies, including Sexual Gender-based Violence against children any young people.
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English C2
- Solid skills in drafting applications for funding and reporting to donors
- Experiences and aptitudes: At least 5 years previous experience of seniority in an NGO at a management position in the field (expatriation). Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff
- Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills) in emergency · Management experience and strong team leadership qualities
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail
||Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
|Années d'expériences professionnelles requises
|| 5-10 ans
|Années d'expériences en ONG requises