Terrain - Bangladesh - CDM
Child Protection Coordinator
|Entrée en fonction
recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
|Famille de métier
||Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations ranges between 3’800-5000 CHF net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 12 months.
||The Child Protection Coordinator will be responsible for providing strategic direction and vision to Tdh’s Child Protection programming in Bangladesh and will be responsible for the overall quality implementation.
You will provide guidance to the child protection staff to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met, that the projects are appropriately monitored and evaluated, and that project reports are written and submitted in a timely manner.
You will ensure that child protection principles, CPMS and Tdh’s child protection policies are being incorporated into the programs in Bangladesh.
|Cahier des charges
- Provide technical leadership to the Child Protection Program
- Contribute to the development of country sector strategic direction and plans
- Identify needs and gaps in programming and proactively suggest new activities to enhance the protection activities;
- Ensure quality report development and timely submission to donors;
- Develop and apply program quality standards across all child protection projects, including but not limited to, alignment of internal and external tools and/or development of tools;
- Lead the development of new proposals and budgets in collaboration with the Country Delegate, Head of Programmes, PMs, and CP experts in the region/HQ;
- Support the CP teams and CP managers to conduct regular monitoring and evaluation activities, and on a regular basis liaise with partners to identify gaps and challenges as well as to ensure quality impact of the CP approach;
- Identify training needs and develop a capacity building strategy;
- Support PMs in identifying, designing, facilitating trainings, on CPiE, PSS, Case Management, Caring for Child Survivors and others;
- Coordinate with partners and local authorities in the target areas, as relevant for the effective and efficient implementation of the CP projects;
- Liaise with the local authorities to guarantee the acceptation of Tdh’s intervention and as much as possible the reinforcement of the existing CP system;
- Advocacy and training (internal and external) on CPMS notably;
- Ensure continued coaching and mentoring to the CP Project Managers and other actors based on the project’s needs;
- To support recruitment when needed and provide staff with feedback and formal appraisals.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, psychology and/or any other relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in international development and humanitarian contexts;
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an international NGO, with at least 2 of these in a management capacity;
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of Child Protection, with a specific focus on Child Protection in Emergencies, including Sexual Gender-based Violence against children any young people;
- Demonstrated experience in proposal coordination and writing, and donor compliance and reporting;
- Prior experience working in emergency settings or insecure environments;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties;
- Demonstrated experience in staff development and capacity building of national and international staff;
- Excellent knowledge of English required (spoken and written).
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
||Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 2 million children (3 million in 2016) and their families in over 35 countries. We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation (TDHIF), with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
Tdh has been working in Bangladesh for over 40 years and now has several operational bases: Dhaka, Kurigram, and Cox’s Bazaar. Tdh is implementing programs on Health, WASH, Access to Justice (social cohesion and conflict resolution), Migration and Child protection, both in development and emergency context.
|Années d'expériences professionnelles requises
|| 5-10 ans
|Années d'expériences en ONG requises