Terrain - Inde - CDM
Child Protection Regional Advisor (Tackling Child Labour and Migration) H/F
|Entrée en fonction
Not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
|Famille de métier
|| Terrain - Protection
||Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Activity rage: 100%, full time contract
Duration: 12 months, limited contract
Location: India – New Delhi, Gurgaon preferred, but another country of intervention with Tdh office can be considered Myanmar/Nepal/Bangladesh).
Travel: frequent professional trips in South and South East Asia.
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
Local contract, monthly gross salary 3500 CHF < > 4500 CHF according to experience, X13.
No expatriate benefit.
||The Child Protection Regional Advisor will be a key function within the new regional organization and projects, ensuring technical support and oversight of child protection interventions in the region focusing on two main programmes, Tackling Child Labour and Children on the move, and will champion child protection as a transversal approach to programming within the regional and across the wider organization. Under the supervision of the Head of Child Protection sector, Child Protection Regional Advisor will have to combine strong field experiences and high analytical and writing skills for research and approaches development.
|Cahier des charges
- Contribute to the development of strategies, policies and methodologies related to child protection and their qualitative deployment in the field
- Ensure quality development and implementation of child protection related interventions within the Asia zone in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator and the Country Representative
- Ensure monitoring and quality assurance of child protection interventions
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations, institutional donors, other grant-making organizations, and corporates. Persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Ensure mainstreaming and implementation of child protection systems strengthening approaches regionally
- Ensure technical support to child protection and psychosocial interventions of Tdh within the region
- Facilitate the development of community of practices in the field of child protection in Asia, including through the Child Protection Hub platform, and particularly in relation to the protection of Children on the move and Tackling Child Labour in value chain.
- Lead or facilitate child protection related capacity development initiatives of social actors within the region
- Support in developing and strengthening multi-stakeholders and multi-disciplinary partnerships to strengthen child protection across the region
- Contribute to advocacy and networking in the region on child protection and violence against children issues- others if need be
- Facilitate cross-learning between country programs in the region and across regions
- Contribute to the development and deployment of innovations and innovative practices on child protection in the region.
- Education: University degree in relevant field, preferably in social work, psychology or development studies
- Language: Excellent oral and written skills in English
Competency in a South Asian language would be desirable
Experiences and aptitudes:
- At least 5 years previous experience working with vulnerable children, families and communities
- Solid experiences and demonstrated expertise in 1/ ensuring meaningful and qualitative child participation and 2/ working with communities and informal actors for the protection of children, including by measuring and addressing social norms
- A solid experience in capacity development is key, particularly on developing training materials and delivering trainings
- Knowledge of system strengthening approaches is important, including in supporting alternative care reforms
- Prior experiences of working on Child Labour issues and with children affected by migration is an asset
- Knowledge of Child Labour in supply chain is an added value
- Experience in designing and writing funding proposals
- Knowledge of institutional and private donors
- Experience of working in a highly collaborative environment with minimal direct supervision in a complex regional setting.
- Facilitation, networking and advocacy skills
- A commitment to excellence & attention to detail
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
||Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh), with headquarters in Lausanne and an office in Zurich, is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Through our health, protection and emergency relief programmes, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in more than 45 countries each year. Our direct assistance projects, strengthening systems and advocacy activities are primarily focused in the areas of maternal and child health and child protection.
In Asia, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in 4 countries, relying on delegations based in Nepal, Bangladesh, India and Myanmar.
|Années d'expériences professionnelles requises
|| 5-10 ans
|Années d'expériences en ONG requises