|Entrée en fonction
recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
|Famille de métier
||Expatriate contract under Swiss labor code; salary range: 3’800 CHF – 5’200 CHF net /month (according to experience) x 13.
Holidays: 25 annual leave days per year.
Local accommodation and transportation, health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 12 months.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
||As representative of the organisation, the Country Representative coordinates and manages all activities linked to Terre des hommes projects in the posting country: project cycle management, networking, local fund raising, staff management, safety and security, finance and administration. S/he supports Terre des hommes local partners. S/he manages and develops the organisation’s intervention strategy jointly with the desk HQ.
|Cahier des charges
- In close collaboration with the Risk coordinator, ensure security, application of procedures and formalize lessons learnt, for Tdh national and expatriate staffs, working sites and premises in areas of intervention;
- Ensure the development of updated context and risks analysis based on reliable networks;
- Ensure, develop and facilitate communication with all the relevant local/national authorities and actors (communities (Moktar), security state bodies, non-state actors);
- In collaboration with the desk HQ, elaborate, implement and review the country strategy for Terre des hommes in Iraq; and ensure compliance to the Foundation’s strategic plan;
- Manage, supervise, coordinate and follow up all the activities related to the implementation of Terre des hommes’ projects in Iraq according to the proposal guidelines and indicators, budget and work plans;
- Provide with intermediate and final project reports to donors and HQ;
- Ensure a tight follow up of all delegation’s budgets, in collaboration with the finance coordinator;
- Manage the senior management team directly under her/his supervision;
- Represent the organisation in the country, particularly to the government, official agencies, other non-governmental agencies, partners and the community;
- Actively participate in meetings and fora organised by the GO/NGO/UN sectors as relevant to Terre des hommes work in the country.
- Initiate and lead the development of new project proposals, and identify new funding sources;
- Ensure that contracts, rules and procedures meet all requirements of national law;
- Undertake any other duties defined as relevant by the desk HQ.
- University degree in relevant field;
- At least 5 years previous experience of seniority (Coordinator, Country Representative positions) in an NGO at a management position in the field (expatriation);
- Successful track record of developing humanitarian strategies and securing high levels of funding from institutional donors (OFDA; BPRM; DFID; ECHO; UN; etc.);
- Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills) in emergency;
- Management experience and strong team leadership qualities;
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure;
- Proven communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English (C2), knowledge of French or Arabic is an asset.
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
||Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the largest Swiss children's relief organization. Since 1960, Tdh has been helping to build a better future for disadvantaged children and their communities through innovative and sustainable solutions. Present in 32 countries with an operational budget of more than 90 million Swiss francs, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement in-field projects that improve daily lives of more than three million children and their families in the areas of health, protection and emergency. Our mission is financed by individual and institutional donors, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh has been present in Iraq since 2014 with NFI distributions in Dohuk Governorate and, in October 2015, launched unconditional cash assistance with the support of Swiss Solidarity. Since these first interventions, Tdh is now present in eleven districts (Anah, Al-Qa’im, Haditha, Tal Afar, West and East Shirqat, Tikrit, Baiji, Hawija, Kirkuk and Tooz) across four Governorates (Salah al-Din, Kirkuk, Nineveh and Al-Anbar) with operations in the two latter districts since 2017 as Tdh followed the frontlines to provide emergency assistance. Tdh was the first INGO to have field offices in Tikrit, Shirqat, Tal Afar and Anah.
Tdh’s strategy consists on providing emergency assistance in hard-to-reach and newly accessible areas with an integrated emergency response to conflict affected people while building the capacity of its current response in areas where services are being re-established.
Current donors: ECHO, OFDA, DRL, OCHA, UNICEF, MoFA of Switzerland, MoFA of the Netherlands, Swiss Solidarity.
Operational field bases: Kirkuk, Tikrit, Shirqat, Tal Afar and Anah
Coordination bases: Erbil and Baghdad
|Années d'expériences professionnelles requises
|| 5-10 ans
|Années d'expériences en ONG requises