|Cahier des charges
Safety and Security
- In close collaboration with the Risk coordinator, ensure security of Tdh national and expatriate staffs, Tdh working sites and premises in areas of intervention.
- Ensure the application of the security procedures. Analyse and formalize lessons learnt with the Risk Coordinator.
- Ensure the development of updated context analysis and risks analysis based on reliable networks.
- Ensure to maintain and develop key contacts with all the main actors (communities, local and national authorities, security state bodies, Non-state actors).
- Ensure and facilitate communication between Tdh and all relevant local and national authorities.
Strategy and institutional policy
- Ensures implementation and compliance to Terre des hommes Foundation Strategic Plan, Terre des hommes regional strategic plan and Terre des hommes thematic policies in the field.
- Together with the desk, elaborates, implements and reviews the country strategy for Terre des hommes in Iraq.
Project cycle management
- Manages, supervises and coordinates all the activities related to the implementation of Terre des hommes’s projects in Iraq according to the proposal guidelines and indicators, budget and work plans.
- In consultation with Terre des hommes’s Emergency desk, develops new projects in-line with Terre des hommes strategic plan and thematic policies.
- Develops annual and/or project work plans.
- Develops monitoring and evaluation systems for all project work.
- Together with the Senior Management Team and the project staff, reviews the progress of each project monthly.
- With the technical support of the Resource Persons (thematic), monitors the quality of the work carried out and suggests means of improvements.
- Assess the efficacy and effectiveness of the work carried out and identifies ways for further improvements.
- Provides the Desk with quality monthly activity reports and annual reports in line with project objectives and indicators.
- Provides the Desk and/or the donors with quality intermediate and final project reports as per contract.
- Is responsible for the overall financial management of the delegation.
- Ensures a tight follow up of all budgets including donors contracts and takes necessary actions in case of over/under expenditure.
- Works with the finance and admin coordinator on budgeting, accounting and auditing as required.
Human resources management
- Manages (supervision, support, training, etc.) Terre des hommes employees in Iraq, expatriates as well as local staff.
- Recruits Terre des hommes local staff.
- Elaborates, implements and updates the delegation personal policy.
Representation and networking
- Represents the organisation in the country, particularly to the government, official agencies, other non-governmental agencies, partners and the community.
- Ensures that all formalities required by government and other official agencies are properly prepared and punctually presented.
- Actively participates in meetings and fora organised by the GO/NGO/UN sectors as relevant to Terre des hommes work in the country.
- Liaises strategically with Government representatives as well as with potential in country donors including SDC as a bilateral donor.
- Develop and maintain sound relations with potential donors (institutional, local, etc).
- Identifies new funding sources.
- Initiates and leads the development of new project proposals.
- Secures new contracts.
- Implements and updates Terre des hommes delegation’s rules and procedures.
- Ensure that contracts, rules and procedures meet all requirements of national law.
- Undertake other duties that may be defined by Terre des homes desk HQ.
- Terre des hommes expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy .
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies in Irak.
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
||Tdh has been present in Iraq since 2014 with NFI distributions in Dohuk Governorate and in October 2015 launched unconditional cash assistance with the support of Swiss Solidarity. Since these first interventions, Tdh is now present in eleven districts (Anah, Al-Qa’im, Haditha, Tal Afar, West and East Shirqat, Tikrit, Baiji, Hawija, Kirkuk and Tooz) across four Governorates (Salah al-Din, Kirkuk, Nineveh and Al-Anbar) with operations in the two latter districts since 2017 as Tdh followed the frontlines to provide emergency assistance. Tdh was the first INGO to have field offices in Tikrit, Shirqat, Tal Afar and Anah.
Tdh’s strategy consists on providing emergency assistance in hard-to-reach and newly accessible areas with an integrated emergency response to conflict affected people while building the capacity of its current response in areas where services are being re-established.