|Cahier des charges
- Supervises the Project Managers, Administrator, Logistician and additional expatriate and local staff resources as posted in Teknaf.
- Receives updates and makes recommendations to the Country Representative, Administrative and Logistics Coordinators concerning programme, security and administrative issues.
Programme Strategy and planning
- Manages programming aspects of the Teknaf operations in line with Tdh and donors’ standards.
- In collaboration with the Country Representative, designs strategies and objectives for improved support to beneficiaries.
- Participates in the review of the strategy for Tdh in Bangladesh.
- Ensures the representation towards stakeholders in TEKNAF.
- Acts as the instrument of management and facilitation for programme activities; ensures proper office functioning for the achievement of support roles and tasks while respecting budget and timeline parameters; a service-oriented support outlook will be maintained by support staff members.
- Follows and ensures respect of programme action plans; facilitates exchange and troubleshooting; follows up on Country Representative s’ orientations.
- Contributes to proposal drafting as requested; review and edit final versions.
- Facilitates coordination among key staff members of Programmes, Administration and Logistic teams in Teknaf.
- Organises internal coordination meetings and workshops for cross-departmental issues and planning purposes in Teknaf.
- Organises, maintains, and supports a ‘back up’ system for key Tdh staff for coverage during work absences. Networks with other NGOs and entities in the interest of information sharing and best practices.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supports programme managers in designing and implementing a monitoring and evaluation system to evaluate programme results and makes recommendations for future programme directions.
- In collaboration with the programme managers, ensures daily monitoring of activities.
- In coordination with the Country Representative, monitors and evaluates monthly programme progress and makes recommendations.
- In collaboration with the field team and the HQ Head of Zone and resource persons ensures follow up on technical remarks.
- Facilitates the external evaluation as required by management and integrates recommendations in work plans.
General Administration and Logistics for Ukhia Base
- Leads the development of the Teknaf base
- Maintains signatory schedule for purchase and payment authorisations.
- In collaboration with the Administration Officer and Country Representative, reviews monthly budget vs. actual reports in order to orient future budgetary expenditures and allocations.
- Respects transparent management procedures as defined in the Tdh Bangladesh Staff Regulations and in accordance with the salary scale.
Human resources management
- Works with the Expatriate Managers to encourage and empower Bangladeshi national staff.
- Raises any questions to the Country Representative and/or the HR/fin coordinator regarding Tdh compliance with basic requirements of the local law in respect to employment conditions and related matters.
- Leads and manages programming staff, encouraging effective teamwork and providing supervision and guidance, especially on issues related to cross-sectoral collaboration and harmonizing approaches.
- Coordinates with the Country Representative and the HR/fin coordinator to assure accurate leave and R&R planning for expatriates working in Teknaf and implement annual plan of staff leave days.
- Assists the expatriate managers in staff resource planning: job descriptions, recruitment, induction and training for all staff as appropriate.
- Ensures regular performance appraisals and encourages the personal development plans and the identification of training needs.
- Ensures that project managers conduct disciplinary and grievance procedures and exit interviews, as necessary.
- Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Bangladesh and verifies with Logistician regarding readiness in adherence.
- Insures, in coordination with the Logistician and with the support of the Country Representative, that Tdh national staffs and expats are aware of Tdh security procedures and follow them.
- Receives primary indications for security matters from the Logistician and from a variety of other sources (Inter-agency coordination, INGOs, staff, beneficiaries) and share relevant information with the rest of the team.
- In Teknaf, (s)he leads the design and update of 1. Security plan documents, 2. Reporting of staff lists for UN evacuation plan, and 3. Existence and correct update of emergency kits.
- Ensures overall Tdh coordination with the UN agencies and government in Ukhia and operational representation where relevant in Bangladesh, including the sharing of information and reporting.
- In coordination with the Country Representative, guarantees that all formalities required by the government are prepared properly, kept up to date, and presented punctually.
- Attends or delegates attendance to appropriate external humanitarian meetings, both general and sector, in order to ensure Tdh’s aims and activities are shared with humanitarian partners.
- Produces a monthly report and submit it to the Country Representative.
- Using field perspective, integrates context assessment of Teknaf into reporting and communications; identifies geopolitical trends and indicators which may impact programme activities in Bangladesh.
- Coordinates, prepares and elaborates institutional donor reports for submission to the Country Representative.
- Ensures timely submission of monthly Situation Reports by programme managers.
This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC). In particular:
o Management of multi sector program(s) with a health and / or child
o Extensive experience in expatriate team management
o Excellent writing, reporting, communication and negotiation skills in English
o At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position/high management position
in the field
o Work experience in rural conflict affected areas
o Significant knowledge and experience in logistics, admin and finance
o Significant knowledge of international humanitarian response and donors
including ECHO and UN
o Advanced IT skills
o Ability to work in an intercultural environment
o Responsive, motivated, good communicator
o Ability to work under pressure
||Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 2 million children (3 million in 2016) and their families in over 35 countries. We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation (TDHIF), with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
Tdh has started operations in Cox’s Bazar district in September 2017 and is currently providing support to Rohingya and local host communities through an integrated program of Wash, Child protection, Health and Nutrition. Tdh has an office in Ukhia and another one in Teknaf to run activities and projects that are implemented in and around the Rohingyas’ camps.