|Cahier des charges
- Supervises the WASH Programme Manager, Child Protection PM, Senior Wash Advisor, CCCM PM, Distribution PM, Logistician Base, Administrator, Deputy Field coordinator and additional expatriate resources as posted in Tal Afar.
- Receives updates and makes recommendations to the Country Representative (Director), Administrative and Logistics’ Officers concerning programme, security and administrative issues.
Programme Strategy and planning
- Manages programming aspects of the Tal Afar operations in line with Tdh and donors’ standards.
- In collaboration with the Country Representative (Director), designs strategies and objectives for improved support to beneficiaries.
- Participates in the review of the strategy for Tdh in Iraq.
- Ensures the representation towards stakeholders in Tal Afar.
Corporate Policies, Management Systems and Procedures
- Contributes towards promoting and adhering to Terre des hommes’ Charter, Code of Conduct and Operating Principles.
- Provides oversight in order to ensure that established camp coordination practices comply with UN mandate and Sphere Standards as possible.
Child Protection/Camp Coordination/ WaSH
- Acts as the instrument of management and facilitation for programme activities; ensures proper office functioning for the achievement of support roles and tasks while respecting budget and timeline parameters; a service-oriented support outlook will be maintained by support staff members.
- Follows and ensures respect of programme action plans; facilitates exchange and troubleshooting; follows up on Country Representative’s (Director) orientations.
- Contributes to proposal drafting as requested; review and edit final versions.
- Facilitates coordination among key staff members of Programmes, Administration and Logistic teams in Tal Afar.
- Organises internal coordination meetings and workshops for cross-departmental issues and planning purposes in Tal Afar.
- Participates to internal coordination in Tal Afar addressing operational highlights.
- Organises, maintains, and supports a ‘back up’ system for key Tdh staff for coverage during work absences. Networks with other NGOs and entities in the interest of information sharing and best practices.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supports programme managers in designing and implementing a monitoring and evaluation system to evaluate programme results and makes recommendations for future programme directions.
- In collaboration with the programme managers, ensures daily monitoring of activities.
- In coordination with the Country Representative, monitors and evaluates monthly programme progress and makes recommendations.
- In collaboration with the Iraq teams and the HQ Emergency Desk Officer and resource persons ensures follow up on technical remarks.
- Facilitates the external evaluation as required by management and integrates recommendations in work plans.
General Administration and Logistics for Tal Afar Base
- Maintains signatory schedule for purchase and payment authorisations.
- In collaboration with the Administration Officer and Country Representative (Director), reviews monthly budget vs. actual reports in order to orient future budgetary expenditures and allocations.
- Respects transparent management procedures as defined in the Tdh Iraq Staff Regulations and in accordance with the salary scale.
Human resources management
- Works with the Expatriate Managers to encourage and empower Iraqi national staff.
- Raises any questions to the Country Representative (Director) and/or the Administration Officer regarding Tdh compliance with basic requirements of the local law in respect to employment conditions and related matters.
- Leads and manages programming staff, encouraging effective team work and providing supervision and guidance, especially on issues related to cross-sectoral collaboration and harmonizing approaches.
- Coordinates with the Country Representative (Director) and the Administration Officer to assure accurate leave and R&R planning for expatriates working in Tal Afar and implement annual plan of staff leave days.
- Assists the expatriate managers in staff resource planning: job descriptions, recruitment, induction and training for all staff as appropriate.
- Ensures regular performance appraisals and encourages the personal development plans and the identification of training needs.
- Ensures that project managers conduct disciplinary and grievance procedures and exit interviews, as necessary.
- Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Iraq and verifies with Logistician regarding readiness in adherence.
- Insures, in coordination with the Logistician and with the support of the Country Representative (Director), that Tdh inpats and expats are aware of Tdh security procedures and follow them.
- Receives primary indications for security matters from the Logistician and from a variety of other sources (Inter-agency coordination, INGOs, staff, beneficiaries) and share relevant information with the rest of the Iraq team.
- In Tal Afar,(s)he leads the design and update of 1. Security plan documents, 2. Reporting of staff lists for UN evacuation plan, and 3. Existence and correct update of emergency kits.
- Makes recommendations to the Country Representative (Director) regarding security issues, including enacting hibernation and/or evacuation plans.
- Ensures overall Tdh coordination with the UN agencies and government in Tal Afar and operational representation where relevant in Iraq, including the sharing of information and reporting.
- In coordination with the Country Representative (Director), guarantees that all formalities required by the government are prepared properly, kept up to date, and presented punctually.
- Attends or delegates attendance to appropriate external humanitarian meetings, both general and sector, in order to ensure Tdh’s aims and activities are shared with humanitarian partners.
- Acts as the local Tdh focal point for monitoring visits and local queries posed by donors.
- Produces a monthly report per format in Iraq and submit to the Country Representative (Director).
- Using field perspective, integrates context assessment of Tal Afar into reporting and communications; identifies geopolitical trends and indicators which may impact programme activities for Iraq.
- Coordinates, prepares and elaborates institutional donor reports for submission to the Country Representative (Director).
- Ensures timely submission of monthly Situation Reports by programme managers
||Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 2 million children (3 million in 2016) and their families in over 35 countries. We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation (TDHIF), with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
Tdh has been present in Iraq since 2014 with NFI distributions in Dohuk Governorate and in October 2015 launched unconditional cash assistance with the support of Swiss Solidarity. Since these first interventions, Tdh is now present in eleven districts (Anah, Al-Qa’im, Haditha, Tal Afar, West and East Shirqat, Tikrit, Baiji, Hawija, Kirkuk and Tooz) across four Governorates (Salah al-Din, Kirkuk, Nineveh and Al-Anbar) with operations in the two latter districts since 2017 as Tdh followed the frontlines to provide emergency assistance. Tdh was the first INGO to have field offices in Tikrit, Shirqat, Tal Afar and Anah.
Tdh’s strategy consists on providing emergency assistance in hard-to-reach and newly accessible areas with an integrated emergency response to conflict affected people while building the capacity of its current response in areas where services are being re-established.
Current donors: ECHO, OFDA, DRL, OCHA, UNICEF, MoFA of Switzerland, MoFA of the Netherlands, Swiss Solidarity.
Operational field bases : Kirkuk, Tikrit, Shirqat, Tal Afar and Anah
Coordination bases: Erbil and Baghdad