DAH - Nigeria - CDM
Grants and Communication Officer (JPO)
|Entrée en fonction
|Famille de métier
||Junior Program Officer position. Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations 2’200 CHF (~1’900 €) <> 2’400 CHF (2’100 €) net /month x 13 times (+ Withholding AVS candidate for Switzerland). Vacancy: 25 days/year, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, location, return flight.
Duration: 3 months, more if funding available.
||To support its grant prospection efforts, Tdh is temporarily strengthening his Quality Monitoring Branch with a Grant & Communication Officer. Under the responsibility of the Head of Quality Monitoring, the Grant & Communication Officer duties will include assisting in the project cycle management monitoring , reviewing grant proposals, handling the daily grant administration process, editing progress/final reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, engaging with donor agencies, and sensitizing TdH program staff on donor policies.
S/He will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Tdh Child Protection Policy. Tdh intervenes without any affiliation for politics, religion or financial profit. He/she will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
|Cahier des charges
Development of project proposals, concept notes and other Project Cycle Management outputs.
- Coordinate the daily drafting and submission of donor proposals. This requires working closely with program staff in order to advise and support them to understand and meet donor requirements.
- Ensure a proper first review of donor reports (whole package), ensuring consistency, accuracy, clarity and timely submission in compliance with donor contractual requirement and TdH policies.
- Support in ensuring that proposal are of a sufficient quality to meet minimum requirements for submission.
- Support timely submission of projects proposals and donor communications and follow up.
- Update some monitoring tools related to the program's implementation situation/impacts.
- Ensure that program units have sufficient information to contribute towards the development of proposals designs.
- Facilitate processes to ensure that all operational units are aware of their commitments and contribution towards the delivery of successful proposals.
- Contribute to guarantee that there is report writing support to operational units where necessary.
Country Strategy and program perspectives/prospective
- Support the regular donor mapping informed by the ambitions and outcomes articulated in the TdH Country Strategy.
- Provide on-going research, strategic donor intelligence gathering, and trends analysis and generate information to enable engagement with country level donors.
- Support the appraisal of new funding opportunities.
- Work with affiliates program units in identifying and sharing new opportunities with home donors.
- Support the fundraising strategy review processes, by documenting the tracking tools.
Communication and Representation of Tdh
- Represent Tdh in external engagements with donors if necessary
- Support the work to ensure that communities are informed about Tdh's programs/activities in Nigeria, are aware of their entitlements, and have the opportunity give a feedback which could be used to improve the quality of Tdh’s programs;
- Support the supervision the organization of communication events: project’s opening and/or closure ceremonies;
- Support the supervision of the set up and maintenance of a database of professional photos and videos related to Tdh’s activities and/or beneficiaries.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Country Rep. and that are compatible with the job.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- Relevant experience of 1-2 years in program cycle management, preferably in an international NGO/Institution.
- Management experience in securing and managing funds from institutional donors, such as ECHO, EU, DFID, OFDA, CIDA, and UN agencies.
- Excellent planning skills, and a sound understanding of Programme Cycle Management in emergencies and/or development environments.
- Highly developed interpersonal, influencing and relationship skills.
- Excellent in the use of computers and Microsoft, especially spread-sheet (Excel), accounting packages, word processing (Word) and Power Point. Competent in the use of email packages
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills.
- Good administrative and numerical skills and attention to details.
- Demonstrated organizational awareness and understanding of knowledge management.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising and donor engagement.
- Ability to represent an organization to donors and external institutions.
- Ability to adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
- Experience with working in multi-cultural environment.
||Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 2 million children (3 million in 2016) and their families in over 35 countries. We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation (TDHIF), with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
Tdh has established a Country Office in Nigeria since the last quarter of 2017 to try to complete the covering a part of the needs of crisis affected people. For the moment, the organization is operating only in Borno State, essentially in the Eastern Part of the State, the Eastern Crescent -> from the North-East (Cross Kuawa, Kukawa, Monguno) to (Konduga, Gwoza, Banki). Some of the operations are implemented with the collaboration of a local partner (CHAD). TdH is targeting people's affected by the crisis by addressing some humanitarian gaps related to the access to some primary needs (Water Supply, Non Food Items distributions, Hygiene Promotion) or social basic services (as Child Protection, Educational Support, Primary Health Care…).
|Années d'expériences professionnelles requises
|| 1-2 ans
|Années d'expériences en ONG requises