DAH - Bangladesh - CDM
Head of Programs
|Entrée en fonction
|Famille de métier
|| Management opérationnel des programmes
||Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations 3’400 CHF (~2’950 €) < > 4’750 CHF (~4’100 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
In his/her capacity of representative of the Foundation, the Head of Program reports to the Head Of Emergency Operations and oversees Tdh programs in Cox’s Bazar and Teknaf. S/he works in close collaboration with the Support Departments (LOG, Finance and HR) and make sure that communication and sufficient links are made between the program team and the support team.
The Head of program ensures the application and development of the Tdh delegation's intervention strategy, in collaboration with all the parties. S/he is responsible for the implementation of the strategy, the development and the managerial coordination of the project teams, and s/he has a major responsibility for the projects strategy, steering and outcomes.
The Head of program helps the grants team members in designing and fundraising for grants in Bangladesh, through the monitoring of donor opportunities, the drafting of concept notes & project documents with the Head Of Emergency Operations and HQ’s team, and the proactive submission to donors.
S/he supports and validates the quality of the work done by the teams as regards with Tdh mandate, policies and commitments, and international standards. S/he coordinates and develops national measures for dialogue and partnership with local, national and international partners.
|Cahier des charges
- Strategic and Operational Development
- Strengthens the integrated country program strategy by suggesting and leading the design of new operations according to changing humanitarian needs
- Ensures close and regular contacts with bilateral and multilateral donors/funding agencies, of whom he/she knows the policy (operation strategy, financing policy and modalities, in compliance with the associative project of Tdh)
- Quality Programming Defined, Established and Implemented
- Ensures that programs and action plans are carried out and monitored to achieve the results and for quality implementation
- Ensures that practices respect Tdh’s mandate, policies and format
- Quality Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Supervises the M&E team to ensure that program implementation is in line with the quality standards and requirements from Tdh and donors guidelines
- Ensures the design of systematic and realistic M&E plans and tools that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on all indicators in programs and promote evidence-based programming
- Staff Performance Management, Learning & Development
- Supervises and builds the capacity of team members in relevant technical and management competencies
- Maintains open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions
- The Head of Programs supervises Program Coordinators and Grants team to ensure projects implementation is on track within the project cycle management.
- Coordination and Representation of Tdh
- Ensures the representation (with his/her teams) of Tdh among partners, donors and different authorities for the area which he/she is responsible for
- Represents the organization locally amongst donors, NGOs, International Organizations and local authorities
- Coordinates with the Head of Emergency Operations and with the Grants manager, in order to ensure quality at operational level
- It may be required to work out of hours or on weekends, depending on the emergency of the situation
- S/he is expected to visit Tdh bases and disaster-affected areas regularly (depending on security and clearance from authorities)
- Agrees to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and promote Child Safeguarding policy
- Reports serious cases of abuse on children that she/he would be aware of in Tdh’s intervention locations. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
- Education: Advanced University degree in relevant field
- At least 4 years of experience in a coordination position; experience in program management including support and programmatic aspects
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Previous experience with an NGO is mandatory
- Previous experience in emergency response is required
- Successful track record of developing funding strategies and securing high levels of funding from institutional donors (OFDA; BPRM; DFID; ECHO; UN; etc.) and/or proven knowledge of logistics implementation at national level
- Experience of working overseas in remote and complex locations
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of staff
- Experience of managing multiple thematic program areas; child protection is a plus
- Experience in security management
- A commitment to excellence; attention to details
- Previous work experience related to Bangladesh is an advantage
- Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of the Bangladesh context would be a distinct advantage
||Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 2 million children (3 million in 2016) and their families in over 35 countries. We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation (TDHIF), with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
Following the massive displacement of more than 688,000 people into Bangladesh since end of August 2017, Tdh has put in place an important emergency response plan to provide relief to the Rohingya refugees, notably on health, WASH and protection. Tdh is conducting emergency operations in two locations south of Bangladesh , Cox’s Bazar and Teknaf.
|Années d'expériences professionnelles requises
|| 5-10 ans
|Années d'expériences en ONG requises