Terrain - Bangladesh - CDM
Logistic Coordinator - Cox's Bazar
|Entrée en fonction
|Famille de métier
|| Terrain - Logistique
||Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 3 400 CHF (~2 950 €) < > 4 750 CHF (~4 100 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 12 months
||The Logistics Coordinator is in charge of the overall logistic activities. S/he is responsible for logistic department structure and staff management, implementation of logistic procedures, programs support including construction and maintenance, reporting and security.
The Logistics Coordinator will work in direct collaboration with the Program Coordinators, the Program Managers and interface directly with the Head of Emergency Operations, as appropriate for reporting.
|Cahier des charges
- Department structure and staff management and capacity building
- Provide logistics support to the emergency mission in Bangladesh,
- Recruit, supervise and manage the members of the logistics department,
- Provide appropriate training, mentoring, coaching and capacity building of the team under her/his responsibility;
- Structure the logistics department;
- Provide training and capacity building to staff of other departmernts to increase logistics procedure knowledge and good practise
- Coordination and representation
- Ensure logistics coordination at the mission level;
- Provide team members with the information necessary for the successful implementation of the projects;
- Write internal/external reports as per the requests.
- Participate in the financial and administrative management of his/her area of work.
- Represent Tdh among authorities for any questions concerning logistics issues.
- Develop and maintain networking with partners and participate to clusters and meeting related to logistics or security issues when needed.
- Supply chain
- Supervise and ensure the good respect of purchasing procedures for the whole mission.
- Support and help the program teams to prepare procurement.
- Ensure that contracts signed are adequate in terms of effectiveness and protection of Tdh interests.
- Supervise the identification and the referencing of suppliers.
- Supervise and ensure the food respect of logistics procedures regarding the contracting of constructers:
- Validate the design and the BoQs with the support of the engineer in construction;
- Liaise with the authorities and request adequate authorization and documentation for land access and possible land rental.
Transport of goods and materials
- Supervise the shipment and delivery of goods and materials up to their final destination.
- Supervise the management and monitoring of the mission’s stock, according to Tdh procedures and tools. Ensure that these procedures are known and implemented on the mission.
- Ensure that storage sites are appropriate to the mission’s needs and that merchandise is stocked appropriately in terms of location, layout and salubriousness.
- Supervise the production of stock reports and physical inventory on a regular basis.
- Equipment and assets
- Define the mission’s technical needs.
- Issue technical recommendations on the choice of IT, communication and energy supply equipment.
- Validate the choice of the suppliers for the purchase of new equipment.
- Define and select transport means adapted to the project’s needs.
- Supervise the vehicles follow-up procedures and ensure that these procedures are correctly implemented and well documented.
- Ensure the safety of the transport including training of the drivers, adequate security equipment (seat belt, first aid kits,..), adequate and clearly communicated movement policies.
- In collaboration with the Head of Emergency Operations, ensure that general rules and safety plans for the mission are correctly implemented, clearly understood and well respected. Also monitor these rules and plans and ensure they are updated when required.
- Ensure that the material and personnel resources on-site are sufficiently adapted to the level of safety.
- Evaluate the security conditions in Tdh operation areas and outside, according to planned operational development leads.
- Diploma or University Degree in logistics
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated experience with INGO, preferably in emergency context
- Experience in expatriate team management
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision
- Excellent reactivity and flexibility in all circumstances
- High capacity to organize his/her work, and manage priorities
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
||Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
|Années d'expériences professionnelles requises
|| 2-5 ans
|Années d'expériences en ONG requises