|Cahier des charges
- S/He participates actively to design the National Supply Strategy
- S/He elaborates the Procurement Plan for each contract/grant
- S/He supervises the procurement process for the Program and other Support Services Units.
- S/He guarantees that procurement procedures are applied and respected
- S/He is responsible to supervise National Call For Tender.
- S/He is liaise with Logistic Advisor form HQ for Regional and International Order.
- S/He ensures that contracts signed are adequate in terms of effectiveness and protection of the Tdh procedures.
- S/He centralizes and optimizes the procurement, according to the volume of request done for the different items/service provisions.
- S/He supervises the identification and referencing of suppliers and has detailed invoices for recurrent procurement at his/her disposal. S/He consolidates/updates the mission’s price catalogue for the mission’s operation areas.
- S/He ensure to open market and review framework agreement at least once a year
- S/He ensures that purchase files are correctly archived.
- S/He chooses the mode of transport and the packaging of the merchandise.
- S/He plans and supervises the shipment and delivery of materials up to their final destination.
- S/He coordinates with the logistics department at headquarters for the shipment of merchandise coming from abroad and supervises the potential process involved with clearing customs.
- S/He determine stock strategy and potential emergency stock preparedness (seasonal, epidemic…)
- S/He guarantees the management and monitoring of the mission’s stock, according to the Tdh’s procedures and tools. S/He ensures that these are known to and understood by everyone and are applied on all the mission’s sites of intervention.
- S/He ensures that stocking sites are appropriate to the mission’s needs and that merchandise is stocked appropriately in terms of location, layout and salubriousness.
- S/He organizes fluxes in merchandise, makes sure that the goods received are of a certain quality and carries out physical checks of stocked merchandise. S/He is attentive to the use-by-date of products, if need be.
- S/He ensures the movement/transfer of documents is properly referenced. S/He checks stock reports on a monthly basis.
- S/He defines the mission’s technical needs on each base and makes sure that their funding is possible, especially when new projects are being planned.
- S/He ensure a policy of equipment’s renewal is in place
- S/He ensure that technical recommendations on the choice of computer equipment, tele/radiocommunication equipment and energy supply are in line with Tdh guidelines. S/He authorizes the choice of the suppliers for the purchase of new equipment.
- S/He authorizes the use of equipment, creates utilization procedures and trains personnel on how to use them.
- S/He ensures the monitoring of equipment (state, location, proprietor/backer etc) through regular updates of monitoring tools (property list) and the keeping of physical inventories.
- S/He supervises the installation of equipment and ensures they run smoothly and are maintained and ensures any necessary repairs are duly carried out.
- S/He controls the consumption of equipment, if need be, and, if required, carries out necessary adjustments in accordance with utilization procedures.
- S/He defines transport means adapted to the needs of projects associated with the mission and makes sure that the funding of this transport is possible, especially when new projects are being planned.
- S/He ensures that vehicles are monitored (state, location, proprietor/backer etc) and that monitoring tools are regularly updated.
- S/He ensures the vehicles are working properly, that they are properly maintained and any necessary repairs are duly carried out.
- S/He controls the use of vehicles and, if necessary, makes any necessary changes to utilization procedures. S/He ensures plans and monitoring tools for the management of omissions are put in place and respected and that they are maintained through the use of log books.
- S/He makes sure, above all, that questions of safety relating to the utilization of vehicles (authorized people, exceptional circumstances, safety equipment etc) are appropriately addressed.
- S/He actively contributes to the opening and the closing of base(s) and potential redeployment.
- S/He plans and supports the necessary rehabilitation and installation on the different sites of intervention.
Security and Safety of persons and goods
- S/He supports the Country Representative and the Security Coordinator in the implementation of the delegation’s safety management tools/process/equipment, in collaboration with the other safety stakeholders concerned.
- S/He ensures that general safety rules for the mission and for the sites of intervention are setting-up and applied, and then makes sure everyone is familiar with them. S/He also monitors these rules and ensures they are updated.
- S/He supports the Country Representative and the Security Coordinator in ensuring that the material and personnel resourced on-site are sufficiently adapted to the level of safety which is judged to be optimal in the sites of intervention and among the teams in the field.
- S/He participates in collecting safety information in the Tdh’s operation areas and communicates these in accordance with the channels defined.
- S/He participates in analyzing the mission’s safety circumstances and conditions, alerts and issues recommendations to the Country Representative concerning potential changes relating to risks as well as measures to be put in place.
- S/He ensures that the Logistics Unit communicates, on a regular basis, with the guards and the drivers concerning accidents, risks and behavior to be embraced (regular meetings and training if necessary).
- S/He participates to the evaluation of the safety conditions in the Tdh’s operation areas and outside, according to planned operational development leads.
- S/He ensures that logistics information is effectively circulated between field teams, the country management team and head office.
- S/He writes or participates in writing internal reports for everything concerning the logistics of the mission.
- S/He ensures logistics coordination at mission level by regularly visiting sites of intervention, checks, monitoring, training etc.
- S/He participates to the financial and administrative management of his/her area of work. S/He makes sure that the budgetary allowance is respected in the logistics department and establishes monthly cash-flow needs.
- S/He participates to the writing of reports for the donors (lists of equipment, checking functioning costs etc) and ensures the keeping of and the archiving of purchase files (help, equipment, location, omissions etc). S/He participates finally in the preparation of logistics in view of an audit which is either forthcoming or already underway.
- Externally, S/He represents the TDH among authorities for any questions concerning logistics order (registering equipment, customs etc).
- Externally, S/He also develops and maintains relationships with partners, especially concerning NGOs for any question relating to logistics and integrity of persons and goods.
Team management (Logistics Unit)
- S/He supervises the whole of the logistics team, directly or otherwise. S/He writes and authorizes job descriptions and carries out or delegates job interviews. S/He contributes to work meetings, mediates potential conflicts, defines priorities and plans activities.
- S/He participates to the recruitment of the logistics team as well as in any decision to terminate an employment contract.
- S/He ensures and/or supervises continued training of local and international members of the logistics team who are in the capital or on the sites of intervention on the procedures and tools of TDH.
- S/He supports the Head of Base(s) in the realization of their logistics activities, in a functional and not hierarchical relationship.
- S/He creates an action plan for the logistics department in accordance with the objectives defined in the annual programming of the mission.
- S/He participates to donor reporting
- Centralize all logistics information available on the mission and consolidate a monthly report (into the proper reporting form) to be delivered to the Head of Mission & the HQ Technical Referent.
- Prepare a weekly report to be delivered to the HoM.
- Participate to the monthly situation report (SITREP) by providing relevant data related to his/her position;
- Provide regular reporting on your activities to the Head of Mission upon his/her solicitation (coordination meeting, workshop meeting, etc.);
Professional diploma or university degree is a Logistics and/or relatives (supply chain, IT, mechanic…).
At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet).
Previous experience with an NGO is mandatory.
Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated .
Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills.
Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Knowledge of the Nigerian context would be a distinct advantage.