|Entrée en fonction
|Famille de métier
|| Management opérationnel des programmes
Soudan du Sud
||Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations 3’400 CHF (~2’950 €) < > 4’750 CHF (~4’100 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 4 months.
||The Programe Development Coordinator is leading with the country Delegate the country strategic planning and program expansion and lead the development and implementation of strategies. S/he is also in charge of technical improvements in program design and development to ensure quality and adherence to program and MEAL standards. A professional sense of security, confidentiality, and proper representation is paramount.
The incumbent will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and Tdh Child Protection Policy.
Terre des hommes expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
Tdh intervenes without any affiliation for politics, religion or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
|Cahier des charges
- Positioning and needs assessment
- Context analysis, follow up of humanitarian situation in South Sudan
- Gap, need and actors analysis, desk reviews
- Review Tdh strategy, footprint, added value in South Sudan
- Conduct needs assessment/situation analysis in targeted areas
- Produce relevant documents and reports in line with the above
- Fundraising and proposal development
- Understand the donor context, donor mapping
- Oversee project proposal conceptualisation
- Produce, and support the production of new proposals and concept notes
- Assist the Country Delegate in negotiate proposal
- External relations and coordination
- Ensure Tdh is well positioned within the humanitarian coordination
- Active networking with NGOs and donors
- Participation in relevant meetings and clusters
- Grants management
- Ensure reporting obligations are up to standards
- Support the grants officer and PMs on any grants management issues
- Work on harmonized tools between various projects and donors
- Quality, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure the dissemination of tools, research, best practices and lessons learned
- Establish an M&E strategy with relevant colleagues and per project (M&E plan)
- Work on data analysis and use of such data in a relevant way, notably to improve project quality
- Lead new assessments (sectorial, in new areas, multisectorial) and produce all relevant documents/methodology needed using mobile data collection methods notably
- Follow up the quality of implemented projects
- Provide technical support
- Staff management
- Supervise staff under his/her responsibility
- Ensure security of the concerned staff
- Ensure appraisals are carried out and HR procedures followed
- Child Protection Policy
- Commits to respect the Child Protection Policy.
- Commits to ensure the best implementation possible of the Child Protection Policy in Yei, including participation in annual audit, and reviews and updates of action plan.
- Commits to inform the Country Delegate and/or the Child Project Programme Manager and/or the Desk Officer and to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Child Protection Policy.
This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC). In particular:
- Management of multi sector program(s) including WASH, FSL, education and child protection
- Extensive experience in expatriate team management
- Excellent writing, reporting, communication and negotiation skills in English (French not required)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position/high management position in the field
- Work experience in rural conflict affected areas
- Significant knowledge and experience in donor relation and grants management
- Advanced IT skills
- Knowledge of mobile data collection
- Ability to work in an inter cultural environment
- Responsive, motivated, good communicator
- Ability to work under pressure
||Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 2 million children (3 million in 2016) and their families in over 35 countries. We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation (TDHIF), with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
Tdh has been working in South Sudan since the beginning of 2013. In 2016, following the clashes that took place in the Equatoria Region, Yei River State (Former Central Equatoria State) was identified as zone of major humanitarian concern. At the beginning of 2017, Tdh launched an integrated program in Yei town to improve WASH access through large scale borehole rehabilitation, hygiene promotion and distribution of NFI kits, and support livelihoods through the distribution of vegetable seeds, farming tools and massive cash for work activities. Local partners South Sudan Health Association (SSUHA), the Crop Training Centre in Yei (CTC) and the Mugwo Development Organization (MDO) are involved in the program implementation.
In May 2017, the intervention is being expanded to Lainya county, where Tdh covered the water and sanitation needs, as well as a reinforcement of the health system through the intervention in nutrition, mother and child care with mobile clinic in a highly volatile area. Further on, in September 2017, Tdh launched a school feeding program in Yei in all of the city schools to prevent the increase of malnutrition (15,7% in June 2017) and tackle the high rate of school drop-offs due to the lack of food. Additional activities, including distributions of seeds and tools for gardening and cereal production, as well as emergency kits distributions for conflict affected populations, were also carried out to foster farming activities and livelihoods. A new project will be launched at the end of 2018 following a survey carried out by Tdh highlighting that over 50% of the population is food insecure – activities will include Cash for work scheme, livestock restocking and direct support to farming.
Additionaly Tdh is carrying a full fledged child protection and psychosocial support project in Yei, aiming at supporting the most vulnerable children affected by the conflict, including unaccompanied children, with case management, social services, direct and targeted support and capacity building of local child protection actors. Finally, is currently engaged in a Wash in Schools project with rehabilitation of Wash facilities in 18 schools along with hygiene practices improvement and school gardening activities.
The security situation in Yei remains concerning and attacks against the civilian population in the rural area happen regularly – leading to displacements of populations and access issues for aid workers.
Tdh is planning on expanding its activities in new areas of South Sudan and to fully implement its 2019 strategy
|Années d'expériences professionnelles requises
|| 5-10 ans
|Années d'expériences en ONG requises