|Cahier des charges
- Provide direct daily supervision, guidance, and support to 3 Support Services Managers (HR, Finance, Logistic);
- Develop and define with subordinate their yearly key professional objectives (KPO);
- Ensure the daily coaching of any collaborator under her/his responsibility, from the recruiting to the final collaboration reports. Furthermore, organize punctual trainings to develop and strengthen the technical knowledge and skills, mainly of Tdh staff and, where appropriate, of partners;
- Fully integrate and respect the values, policies, and processes of Tdh in her/his management practices;
- Encourage effective teamwork, especially on issues related to cross-sectorial collaboration;
- Ensure a close, regular, and effective collaboration between the 3 Support Services Departments, aiming to develop and strengthening a common, coherent, and exhaustive approach to support services within the delegation;
- In collaboration with Program Coordinator, ensure and facilitate a regular and smooth coordination with Operational team, aiming to guarantee a Support Services vision focusing on operational objectives and imperatives;
- Ensure the correct flow of information between Support Services Departments as well as to the other departments in the delegation;
- Under the lead of the Country Representative and in collaboration with other Coordinators, participate as an active member in regular internal coordination meetings (Coordination Weekly Meeting, Country Management Team (CMT) Monthly Meeting and any other had oc meeting requested by the CR), in which s/he presents detailed review of current achievements, challenges faced, and options considered for Support Services Departments;
- In cooperation with the technical advisors at the headquarters, seek information actively on latest advances in her/his field of activities
- In agreement with the Country Representative, ensure, her/himself or in determining the most appropriate person, a regular attendance of Tdh in relevant Coordination meetings at National and Local level following by a proper dataflow/information restitution within the Support Services Departments, and with other Departments where appropriate, is done;
- When required and where appropriate, under the supervision of the Country Representative, s/he represents the organization locally to partners, donors, (I)NGOs, International Organizations and local authorities, and reports interview findings to the Country Representative;
- Under the lead of the Country Representative, in coordination with other Coordinators and for each project or phase of project, participate actively to kick off meetings and closure workshops.
- Ensure that Support Services Vision and Approach within the delegation fall into the framework of the Country Strategic Plan 2022-2024; Moreover, ensure that they contribute to the achievement’ objectives of the Country Strategy Plan;
- Ensure follow-up of a proper implementation of yearly Action Plans – which set the key objectives and their prioritization - of each Support Services Departments, as well as conduct a quarterly review of each Action Plan with the manager concerned;
- Drive and contribute to innovation in her/his field of expertise with a view to making all possible improvements, including potential review of Country Strategy’ parts related to Support Services,
- Ensure a full understanding, appropriation and use of key processes and tools in each Support Services departments; with a special attention to HOMERE within HR department, Purchasing Cycle and Procurement Plan within Logistic department, Monthly tracking budget thanks to Budget Follow-up and Forecast tools including MFT within Finance department;
- Especially in term of budget management:
- on a monthly basis, review the whole projects’ budgets follow-up and forecast received from Finance Manager (FM); check them in collaboration with the Program Coordinator; then compile in the MFT tool and analyze the financial risks before to share it, as well as proposal of corrective measures if needed, with Country Representative;
- during the yearly preparation of annual budgets, capacity to support but also challenge financial and operational teams in budgeting exercises, to conduct exhaustive and detailed budget and financial risks analysis and then to propose corrective measures if needed.
- In collaboration with other Coordinators, especially Program Coordinator, contribute to donors’ narrative and reports – interim and final – documents on the parts related to Support Services;
- Ensure that Egypt delegation’ logistics, administrative, financial and HR practices and tools follow 1. national laws, 2. donor regulations and 3. Tdh institutional policies and manuals;
- With consideration of the specific context of Tdh Egypt, make recommendations and advise on Tdh policies, manuals, and SOPs currently in place when appropriate;
- Ensure timely roll-out and implementation of new or updated Tdh procedures and policies at national level;
- Conduct, at least on a quarterly basis, cycle of spot checks and internal audit/self-evaluation process to ensure compliance and propose action plans accordingly;
- Develop and keep updated a yearly agenda of the already known external audits;
- Take the lead on a. the upstream preparation, b. the work with auditors, c. the reply to the potential management letter in order to get a positive audit opinion;
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Terre des hommes Egypt. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Tdh’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values;
- Ensure the best implementation of Tdh Risk Management Policies such anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy, Cash Policy amongst others.
Safety and Security Management
- Responsible for implementing and updating the National Security Plan – frequency of updating depend on level of security (June 2020: level 2 = each 6 months) - in which the overall security management system at national level is established, the roles and responsibilities between headquarters, the organization and the field are defined, and the implementation processes are designed according to the different security levels of each offices;
- Ensure that it is properly disseminated and understood by all expat, national staff and all visitors, and ensure its implementation; proper understanding and appropriation by the teams;
- In coordination with Field Representative, ensure development, implementation, and regular update – again based on level of security - of a Security Plan for each base, that defines their roles and responsibilities within the larger security management context, which provides a risk analysis specific to each area of intervention; the security rules in effect at a site, the evacuation plan, the SOP’s, etc.;
- Conduct and keep updated Context and Risk Analysis, as well Security Diagnostic based on reliable networks and sources in collaboration with the Country Representative;
- Lead the safety and security assessment processes in identifying new operational areas, in coordination with the Program and the Q&A Coordinators;
- Master’s degree in relevant field;
- Previous experience with an INGO is mandatory;
- 15 years’ experience in support functions, including at least 5 years in senior management positions covering 2 fields of expertise among the 3 support functions: Finance, HR, logistics and compliance;
- Budget management: preparation with team, capacity to support but also to challenge, budget and financial risks analysis, budget follow up and analysis, able to propose corrective measures, etc.
- Procurement, Asset/stock management, fleet, and premises management;
- Human resources management (recruitment, L&D, personnel management, payroll, country legal framework, taxes and legal deductions, staff professional development);
- Experience in dealing with a diversity of institutional donors (budget designing, financial reporting, audit), knowledge of the main donors ‘rules;
- Good knowledge of accounting principles;
- Very good command of Excel;
- Good command of HOMER and SAGA is an asset;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Arabic;
Position Start Date: 1st of October
Duration: 12 months upon available funding
Location: Cairo – with regular travel to Assiut in Upper Egypt and North Coast.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in around 40 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 4 million children and members of their communities, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Since 1983 Tdh Egypt works in close collaboration with recognized local partners and thanks to the funding of several international donors (among them UNICEF, UNHCR, ECHO, SDC), BPRM, Netherlands Embassy. From northern Delta region to southern Upper Egypt region, from refugee communities to vulnerable host communities, Tdh provides support to children, youth, family/caregiver, and communities while working on capacities development of key local – formal and informal – actors.
Over the decades, Tdh - one of the Child Protection leading agency in Egypt - has developed specific expertise in Migration, Access to Justice (A2J) and Child Labor (CL) - this latter mainly in link with Eradication of Violence Against Children (EVAC) - via projects implemented through direct implementation – centers and mobile units - and local partners.
The main office is located in Cairo with field office in Assuit, in addition of several others implementing venues (Centers, Schools, Playgrounds, Local Communities Organizations including the one of the current 2 local partners PSTIC, StARS.