|Cahier des charges
Quality Programming Defined, Established and Implemented:
- Provide technical and management leadership to the WASH Program in accordance with best practice and Tdh policy.
- Ensure the management and implementation of delegated portfolio of projects within the program (activities, budget, plans of action, and project documentation) in line with proposals, objectives, strategies and donor requirements while ensuring high technical quality.
- Alerts line management and Field Coordinators in charge of program implementation in case there is a delay associated with a WASH program and suggests changes which could be made (in terms of activities, operation area, budget, schedule by which the WASH program is carried out etc).
- Ensures that personnel, financial and logistical resources are meeting needs for a smooth implementation of WASH programs, especially within the framework of new project suggestions, in coordination with the Field Coordinator and the Deputy Country Representative- Program. In the case of a delay, he/ she alerts the coordination team and participates in identifying solutions.
- In support of the WASH Project Managers, follow quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results; providing oversight and support on programmatic and operational aspects.
- Identifying needs and gaps in programming and proactively suggest new activities and strategies to enhance protection and education programming.
- When new operations are outlined, ensures that operational means are well defined in order to allow WASH program and its subsequent monitoring to be well carried out.
- Contribute to the development of country sector strategic direction, plans and proposals.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders and partners to ensure better coordination and representation of Tdh.
Strategic and Operational Development :
- Keeps informed of changes in the humanitarian and political context in the area of intervention, particularly WASH related, ensuring that these subscribe properly to Tdh’s mandate and the country strategy.
- Suggests to the Coordination team to identify WASH needs and participates in the identification of these needs, if necessary.
- Proposes new operations to the Coordination team and is directly involved in the project design. The documents associated with these new operations should be complete, should respect Tdh’s internal procedures and should follow the format of the Donors and shall be validated by the the Deputy Country Representative - Program before sending to HQ.
- Participates in preparing a mission Strategy contributing on WASH aspects, involving local and international teams in reflection workshops that lead to recommendations/suggestions to the Coordination team.
Quality Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- In collaboration with the M&E team, supervise the WASH teams and Project Managers to conduct and facilitate regular monitoring and evaluation activities, and liaise with partners to identify gaps and challenges as well as to ensure quality impact of the WASH approach.
- In collaboration with the M&E team, develop and roll out plans and tools to ensure data are collected to better report on activities and to improve quality services for beneficiaries including: needs assessment, baseline and impact surveys.
- Contribute to periodic internal and external reporting as per donor and Tdh guidelines, respecting deadlines and workflow
- Coordination and representation of Tdh
- Coordinate with other humanitarian partners and local authorities in the target areas, as relevant for the effective and efficient implementation of the WASH program.
- Participate in WASH meetings and clusters, and follow up with Cluster Coordination at base-level.
- Contirbute to Cluster and humanitarian coordaintion mechanisms, including reporting and updating interagency tools.
- Represent the organization locally amongst donors, NGOs, International Organizations and local authorities and report representation action to the Country Representative in his/her periodical report, communicated ad-hoc when necessary.
- May be called to travel within the region to meet Tdh partners.
Ensuring the technical monitoring of the WASH activities:
- Ensures the compliance of technical practices with the mandate and operations policy of Tdh by guaranteeing a permanent connection between base, coordination and HQ levels.
- Ensures that the strategy of the WASH programs complies with technical frameworks of Tdh.
Staff Performance Management, Learning & Development:
- To support the identification and finalisation of human resource needs for the smooth implementation of the WASH program, in collboration with the Coordination
- To carry out recruitment when needed, in respect to the local regulations, in collaboration with the WASH Project Managers, Field Coordinators and in coordination with the Human Resources department, including writing of job descriptions and candidate selection processes
- To support and identify professional development needs of the team, raise to Coordination team and develop capacity building priorities and response
- To provide CP and Education Project Managers with ongoing staff monitoring, supervision, and support, including regular and constructive feedback.
Ensuring the logistical and administrative monitoring for WASH programs:
- Ensures that logistical, administrative and financial procedures are respected by WASH teams and alerts the coordination team if gaps are observed in order to take corrective action.
- When necessary, gives consent for local WASH purchases and submits purchase requests to the relevant department and HQ for approval (in accordance with internal rules and donor guidelines).
- Supervises the WASH equipment and stock on the mission and ensures they are properly utilized.
- 2 years of experience in humanitarian project co-ordination;
- Experience in WASH project management in humanitarian context;
- WASH background and technical competencies;
- Experience in emergency WASH activities implementation;
- Experience in expatriate team management;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Leadership and ability to make decisions;
- Ability to be assertive, when necessary;
- Ability to analyze (judgment, practicality) and to synthesize;
- Ability to adapt;
- Organization, discipline, and compliance with deadlines;
- Outstanding ability to listen and negotiate;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Calm and composed;
- Ability to work under stress in general, and in emergency situations in particular.
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.