|Cahier des charges
- Ensure management and implementation of delegated portfolio of projects within the program (activities, budget, plans of action, and project documentation) in line with proposals, objectives, strategies and donor requirements while ensuring high technical quality;
- Alert line management and Field Coordinators in charge of program implementation in case there is a delay associated with a WASH program and suggest changes which could be made (in terms of activities, operation area, budget, schedule by which the WASH program is carried out, etc.);
- Ensure that personnel, financial and logistical resources are meeting needs for a smooth implementation of WASH programs, especially within the framework of new project suggestions, in coordination with the Field Coordinator and the Deputy Country Representative – Programs;
- In support of the WASH project managers, follow quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results, providing oversight and support on programmatic and operational aspects;
- Identify needs and gaps in programming and proactively suggest new activities and strategies to enhance protection and education programming;
- When new operations are outlined, ensure that operational means are well defined in order to allow WASH program and its subsequent monitoring to be well carried out. The documents associated with these new operations should be complete, should respect Tdh’s internal procedures and should follow the format of the donors and shall be validated by the Deputy Country Representative – Programs, before sending to HQ;
- Contribute to development of country sector strategic direction, plans and proposals;
- In collaboration with the M&E team, supervise the WASH teams and project managers to conduct and facilitate regular monitoring and evaluation activities, and liaise with partners to identify gaps and challenges as well as to ensure quality impact of the WASH approach;
- Participate in WASH meetings and clusters, and follow up with cluster coordination at base-level;
- Represent the organization locally amongst donors, NGOs, international organizations and local authorities and report representation action to the Country Representative in his/her periodical report, communicated ad-hoc when necessary;
- Support identification of human resources needs for the smooth implementation of WASH program, in collaboration with coordination and carry out recruitment when needed (in respect to local regulations, in collaboration with WASH project managers, Field Coordinators and Human Resources);
- Support and identify professional development needs of the team, raise to coordination team and develop capacity building priorities and response.
- Experience in WASH project management in humanitarian context;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian project coordination;
- Experience in emergency WASH activities implementation;
- Leadership and ability to make decisions;
- Experience in expatriate team management;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under stress in general, and in emergency situations in particular;
- Excellent writing skills.
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
||Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 2 million children and their families in over 35 countries. We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation (TDHIF), with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
In 2015, Tdh launched an integrated emergency WaSH, Child Protection and NFI response, following several waves of IDPs resulting from military operations to free Shirgat districts, as well as the South Mossul Corridor.
Tdh with its 300 staff employees is currently implementing a 12 Million CHF emergency and rehabilitation Program, throughout the country in Bagdad, Ninewa, Salah ad-Din, Anbar and Kirkuk Governorates.
Current donors: ECHO, OFDA, OCHA, DRL, UNICEF, BPRM, MoFA of the Netherlands.
|Années d'expériences professionnelles requises
|| 2-5 ans
|Années d'expériences en ONG requises